CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 10, 2011

Revamp of the blog very soon!

Yes, it has been quite a while since our last post and almost a year with limited access to the internet. So now I am proud to bring back the blog that has been dropping freakiest of tunes.

Since my last post the Ghetto Funk scene has evolved and become increasingly popular. From quick little edits of the temptations to bass heavy remixes of any classic tune with a funky undertone, I love it all and have been so pleased to watch Breaks take over once again.

For our first post back I will drop nothing but free tunes by some of the biggest names in Ghetto Funk/ mid tempo breaks.

First off, Bobby C Sound TV. This guy has been producing some absolute gold and is a prime example on how more bass has become incorporated over the past year.

ROCKIT TO ME by Bobby C Sound TV <-- Brings me back to the 80's while keeping one foot firmly planted in the production value of 2011.

This next track by Bobby C Sound TV has become my theme song pretty much. Check out his youtube channel for more of his videos and tracks.



FRIM FRAM SAUCE (Bobby C Sound TV remix) by Bobby C Sound TV

The next track is a mid tempo remix of Raver by Shy FX. DJ Wood has been a huge part of making the west coast the bass coast. One part of Wood n Soo, this DJ has definitely made a name for himself in a solo career in production and mixing. When thrown together with 4 decks, DJ Soo and a wide variety of beats he can bring the party to the next level.

Shy FX ft Donae'o "Raver" (DJ Wood Reboot) DOWNLOAD by DJ Wood

Matty Blades has been a strong supporter of the blog since the early days. This Fun and Bass thing is pretty cool so I thought I would post this remix of In The Mood by Glen Miller. I love the tempo change, the use of accapellas and the whompy bass. Big Ups Matty! Remember to keep posted, I will be posting his tunes on facebook and the blog as soon as they get released.

In The Mood (Mashup) by MattyBlades

Check out his lunatics remix here too! Original track was great but I am very down with the funky bass he added in there.

Lunatics - Vent (Matty Blades remix) by MattyBlades

That is all for now. I hope everyone enjoyed the first post back and I am excited to show everyone the blog after I finish re-designing it. Next post will have a few more tracks that I consider "tracks to make sweet love down by the fireside to".

Happy Thanksgiving all!
~Dustin

0 comments: